What information do we collect? We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of our Services (including your userID, IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to our Services, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our Services, email notifications and/or newsletters; and
- any other information that you choose to communicate with us.
Cookies. A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We might use both "session" cookies and "persistent" cookies on our Services. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including possibly our Services.
We may use your personal information for the following purposes (including but not limited to):
- administer our Services;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising our Services;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- supply to you goods and services purchased via our Services;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users, sales, patterns, navigation techniques – this information will not be used to identify any individual user; and
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our Services.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including Singapore, the United States, Japan) which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA. Whenever in doubt, the laws of Singapore apply.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on our Services will be published on the internet and may be accessible and available around the world.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of your personal data. We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- protected) servers. Despite our efforts, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
In addition, you are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will never ask you for your full password, either when we contact you, or when you contact us.
Protection for minors. We do not knowingly target people younger than 18 years old, or knowingly collect personable identifiable information from anyone younger than 18 years old.